It isn’t very difficult to shell out lots of money advertising your small business. But you can market your small business without spending a king’s ransom.
In marketing, expensive is not invariably best. A good example is advertising in the Yellow Pages. It is very expensive, as well as for listings which might be you can forget valuable than the usual door stop. What happens if your small business moves, changes cell phone numbers, or adds services? That listing is located in for the year!
So what should you do?
Intelligent small enterprise marketers are employing the web. An online business presence is necessary to compete today. Why? Because a lot more of the potential customers now look online for any services or products. And they search with a city name, like “Sacramento Plumber” or “Florist Elk Grove”. These searches can be a chance for any small enterprise owner.
These tips assume you possess an optimized website. Your best bet is a WordPress Blog. They are easier than you think to set up and Google loves them.
5 Proven Online Marketing Techniques for Small Businesses:
- Local Directories: Set up or claim your listing in Google Place, Yahoo Local, Yelp, etc. List your products and services then optimize with photos and videos. Encourage customers to leave good reviews on web sites.
- Social Networking: Sign up with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter. Get your name and brand available.
- Write Articles: Writing articles about your field of expertise is a great supply of traffic and links for a site. Establish on your own as a possible expert. Submit to services like EzineArticles, GoArticles, etc.
- Social Bookmarking: These sites let you “share” your site and articles with all the world. Check out sites like Digg, StumbleUpon, Mixx, and. These may also send traffic and links to your business site. is a good free resource.
- Press Releases: If your company is doing something of note, tell the planet. There are both free and paid news release sites. is free and generally ranks well.
This just an introduction to your skill to showcase your company without spending a king’s ransom. You can implement many of these yourself, or hire a specialist to help you concentrate on whatever you do best, running your organization.